At Dow AgroSciences Canada Inc. we are driven by a passion to help farmers and the value chain succeed with individual solutions, novel technologies and the promotion of sustainable agriculture. We are recognized as builders in Canadian agriculture and are committed to enhancing the quality of life through the development of innovative technologies in seeds, seed traits and pest management for the efficient production of an abundant and nutritious food supply.
Dow AgroSciences Canada is looking for a Senior Biologist to be located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
• Plan and implement national field research programs to validate the performance of new products in development.
• Conduct and coordinate field research in the province to validate product performance
• Develop research capability within the province to validate Dow AgroSciences products and technologies
• Identify new opportunities for the cereals, pulses and oilseeds businesses, keep abreast of market trends, and influence development of new products
• Develop and maintain key contacts within the cereals, oilseeds, range and pasture, industrial vegetation management technical community
• Working in partnership with the Saskatchewan Business Team and with the District Sales Manager, provide direct technical support to the SBT sales force
• Resolve product complaints by drawing on in-depth product knowledge and working with other technical experts.
• Promote proper use of Dow AgroSciences products through development and delivery of product stewardship programs
• M.Sc. degree in Weed Science, Agronomy or other natural resource management disciplines
• Ph.D. degree in the above disciplines is desired
• in-depth knowledge of the theories and practices of cereals and oilseeds pest control and a demonstrated proficiency in conducting and publishing research
• Must have the ability to design and conduct high quality research primarily in cereals, pulses and canola
NOTE: Must have the legal right to work in Canada. ie: Canadian Citizenship, Landed Immigrant status, Permanent Residency.
If you would like to grow in a people oriented team environment, experience job satisfaction and take advantage of a competitive compensation program, apply on-line at www.dowagro.com by March 2, 2008. Look under Careers, Job Opportunities, and search for Senior Biologist - Job # 0700740